Monday, October 01, 2007

WANTED: non-pyromaniac neighbors

We had quite the police presence on our street this weekend. Yesterday morning, J and I were driving to breakfast and noticed a burned-out van sitting on the street a few blocks up. The thing was torched like a campfire marshmallow. It was crazy. All the windows were gone, the interior was reduced to soot, etc.... Our neighbor told us later that apparently somebody has it in for the owner of that van because they'd used brush and accelerant to start the fire in the middle of the night on Saturday. You gotta really hate somebody to do that to an innocent van. And then yesterday afternoon, the cops showed up on our block because our two neighbors who live next door to each other across the street were fighting and threatening to kill each other and burn their houses down. Charming. It's JUST LIKE Wisteria Lane.

I also had a really fun birthday. We went to visit my Mom, sisters and nephews on Saturday, which was really cool. And I got my Cheesecake Factory dinner on Friday night. I barely ate my chicken, but, man, I tore into that slice of chocolate mousse cheesecake. My poor pancreas.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday on Saturday. What kind of gifts did you get? Anything sparkly?

Your neighborhood sounds fabulous. I will miss the stories when you move away though.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

J did give me a sparkly ring that's just lovely. And my one sister-in-law (because I had told her I wanted some slip-on shoes) got me shoes with silver sequins on them. They're very shiny!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is important to stay sparkly, especially as you enter that 3rd trimester!

Glad you have a cheesecake filled birthday.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. I just hope the ring doesn't have to get cut off if my fingers swell up overnight or something.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home