Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Glazed donut with white icing and sprinkles...mmm

I actually stayed up until 11 last night watching reruns of The Office on TBS, but as the second episode was ending, I got up to get ready for bed, and apparently Sex and the City came on afterwards. I know this because J started screaming and running to grab the remote so he could turn it. You don't see women reacting that way to Sex and the City. There's something about that show that terrifies and disgusts men. But then I had an epiphany--if I can figure out a way to bottle whatever it is that drives men away like that and apply it to mosquitoes, I'll be rich! I wonder if I could get Sarah Jessica Parker to sneeze on a petri dish for me. Hmmm.

By the way, has anyone seen the footage of the college student getting tased at a John Kerry speech? I know this is awful of me, but I still can't help laughing every time I watch that. I don't get a kick out of anything the way I get a kick out of somebody getting tased. It's comic gold. Karma is so going to get me for this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that SatC had that kind of effect on men. That's hysterical!

I have avoided the footage of the kid getting tased for exactly that reason. I tend to crack up at that kind of stuff and feel as though I'd just be asking for retribution.

8:46 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Oh my gosh, Kenny HATES Sex and the City! I will watch reruns all day long and when we did Netflix, I would order the seasons and be happy as a clam!
That footage is so strange and I can't figure out why they tasered him? Guess I should keep up on the news better! :)
I laugh at people falling down and I am sure there is a special place in hell reserved for people like me. Favorite one? Parker Posey busting her a$$ towards the end of "Dazed and Confused" in the field party. ALWAYS make me laugh!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know J isn't a huge fan of Sarah Jessica Parker's to begin in, but I think he can tolerate her in other things. Sex and the City sends him into convulsive fits though. Somebody should really do a study on this phenomenon.

Seriously, watching tasings and people getting whomped on is the whole reason I watch COPS. And the scene in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls when Jim Carrey runs into a branch while carrying the bat cracks me up every time. It's hilarious!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home