Thursday, September 13, 2007

Play with you no fun, Dr. Jones!

I just saw on the news this morning that George W. is going to be making a speech at 9:00 tonight to talk about his troop reduction plan. Dude, you could not have picked a worse time. All summer, I haven't paid one lick of attention to network tv unless it is to watch the reruns on NBC on Thursday night, and not only does he pick that day to make his speech, he picks the time that The Office reruns come on. Son of a! I swear, that man exists to annoy me. This is just another thing that he and Mariah Carey have in common.

I did a little experiment last night and tried on my winter coat to see if it would fit around my protruding belly, and I just got it zippered up. So I'm figuring that in a couple months, I'm going to be lucky to even get it on and not zippered. Hmmm. Perhaps we'll get lucky and it'll be a really mild winter. Otherwise, I'm going to have to get strategic with my scarves or something. See, THIS is a quagmire, George. But you don't see me interrupting people's favorite tv shows to make a big whoo about it. Jerk.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Short Round, right?

I love that you dislike Mariah as much as I do.

Why does he even have to go on TV to announce that he's reducing troops? Why not just do it without fanfare? Why is this war taking so freaking long? Why am I asking questions that will never get answered?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

"This is my associate,...Mr....Round." "Short. Round." Best scenes in that movie are between Indy and Shorty.

I know, every time I hear about how many more years we're going to have to be in Iraq, I want to puke. Quagmire.

9:52 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

The only reprieve is that they booted Scrubs and moved The Office to 9:30.

I'm also mad that he picked Thursday, of all days to this! What the hell was wrong with yesterday? Nothing is ever on on Wednesday, but that's probably why he chose Thursday. Got to make sure everyone is home to hear his slurred speech and bad public speaking skills! GRRR!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I'm afraid that you may have to invest in a maternity coat, or at least a larger coat, for your climate. We want to keep Baby Shifflet warm!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home