Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Yertle the Turtle

Daaaang, I just read a news story on cnn.com about a bar fight between a Texas fan and an Oklahoma fan that resulted in the Texas fan almost getting his privates ripped off his body. It required 60 stitches to reattach them! They won't be calling him a "Longhorn" anymore. Zing!

It feels like such a Wednesday. It's all chilly and brisk outside, which makes me want to take the day off, get some breakfast and then take a hike in the woods. I find very little to be as relaxing as a walk in the woods in the fall. I told J that I wanted to go down to Hocking Hills sometime when the leaves start to change color, and he reminded me that it's going to be hard for me to get around what with the protruding belly and all. He instituted a rule that I'm not allowed within 5 feet of any cliffs. Which seems fair. I have a tendency to want to look over cliffs, so I can see why that would be a little worrisome for him. Heck, even I will admit that I can't get around as well as I used to. I sat down on the floor in the stacks yesterday, and it took me about 5 minutes to get up. I am graceful no more.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish it was chilly and brisk here! Waaaahhhhh! Ok, I'm done.

I'm glad that J has ruled out cliff-gazing. I think that's a wise decision.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

No trips to the Grand Canyon before next year, dang it.

9:50 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I wish it were chilly here, too, but I am happy the highs are no longer above 100!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Good grief, highs of 100 in September. At least you guys get plenty of time every year to go swimming--you've got that going for you.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home