Friday, September 07, 2007

220, 221, whatever it takes

J and I took a delightful walk after dinner last night, and, fortunately, we were able to get home in time for me to watch the Colts vs. the Saints. That was a good game. I was sad to see the Saints look so outmatched, but I'm a big Peyton Manning fan, so it was great to see him throw some long balls. J Jr. was also kicking up a storm while I was watching the game, so I think I've already got me a football fan here. Whoo! Somebody to watch the Super Bowl with me! Of course, then I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with Peyton and Eli Manning and trying to help them track down their alcoholic mother. In my dreams, everybody's got an alcoholic mother. I've seen too many Lifetime movies. But that dream also reminded me that Peyton and Eli have another brother who's not as into football as they are. Can you imagine how much that poor jerk's life must suck sometimes? All that taunts he gets for not being an NFL quarterback, knowing his little brothers make $30 million a year, that can't be easy. If I was him, I'd change my name to Sven Gustafson and move to North Dakota. It's his only chance for a normal life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Mom!!!

Yay! Now I've got a friend who dreams about football players too. That's so cool that Jr. was kicking during the game! At least Jr. doesn't have to worry about having an alcoholic mother.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's so cool you recognized that quote! Love that movie.

Yep, Jr. was seriously kicking up a storm. It was making my belly hop. You could actually see it. And, it's true, not even watching my child play football would drive me to drink. I enjoy an occasional nip, but I throw up too much to ever be a good alcoholic.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't seen that movie in FOREVER!

Actually you bring up something I heard on my morning radio show. Would you be ok with your son playing football even though there's a lot of injury sustained?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh sure, if he really wanted to play, I'd let him. Any sport a kid plays runs the risk of injury (well, except maybe golf), so you gotta get used to it. Would I be less nervous if he played soccer or basketball or ran track? Probably.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike is determined that Logan will play hockey AND football... I guess I better get used to trips to the ER...

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home