Monday, August 27, 2007

Those baby bedding sets cost more than our house

We went to Babies R Us on Saturday and finally got our registry set up. That was such a blur. We were trying really hard not to get too bogged down in any one area, so we sort of flew through there, shooting the scanning gun like drunken outlaws at anything that seemed cute or necessary and then turned in our gun and retired to Burger King for some Icees. And the really funny thing was that when we got home, I went on the Babies R Us website to see if stuff was up yet or not (it was), and I couldn't remember picking out several of the things that were listed on the registry. Apparently, we picked out a duckie washcloth set that I have no memory of whatsoever. Interesting. But I was just glad the fleece monkey blanket was still on there. Every child should have a monkey blanket.

I also watched a very interesting program on the National Geographic channel yesterday about grizzly bears attacking and eating black bears in Yosemite Park. Remind me to run next time I see a grizzly bear. Those things are serious!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if the barcodes are sometimes wrong so the scanning gun picks it up as something else. That monkey blanket is adorable!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's very possible. We caught it a couple times where we were about to scan the wrong barcode on the shelf because the item was apparently in the wrong place. And there's just so much stuff in that store! They have like 80,000 different kinds of bottles in there!

8:53 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

Awe! I hope you guys had fun!

10:04 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

We were soooo overwhelmed when we did that...i mean, how do you choose a car seat and stroller when there are SO many choices?? And, don't get me started on all of the bottles and bottle accessories...

10:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously, the car seats and strollers were tough. And I got confused by how both car seats and strollers now have the detachable baby carrier. We went with the carrier in the car seat and not the stroller, but I hope that was a good choice. The strollers were almost ridiculous, too--do they really need anti-lock brakes and air bags? I mean really.

12:31 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

We did have the car seat that fit both into the base in the car and the stroller and as much as I laughed at those pre-baby, we really did like it. Especially when EH would sleep all the time and we wouldn't have to take her out of the carrier to put her in the stroller at the store or wherever we were going.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home