Friday, August 17, 2007

Do you see what you get, Carla, when you mess with the warrior?

Ahhh, Friday, you sweet, sweet balm of joy. It hasn't even been a really bad week--it's just been stressful at work. Some of my equipment stopped working, which set back my timetable for getting things done, and that was frustrating. But, luckily, I'm one of those people who can take half a step out the door and forget all about it at the end of the work day. Occasionally, something from work will stick in my head when I get home, but it's pretty rare. I think this is one of the things that keeps me relatively sane. I hear stories about people who already work 50 hours a week and then ask for laptops specifically so they can take work home, but that don't make no sense. Why would you do that? Why would you want a work Blackberry or cell phone so people could call you at home after you've been in the office 8 hours? It's completely antithetical to my way of thinking. Of course, this also explains why I'll never make it to CEO of GM. I'd be all "Don't worry about it, the cars look just fine" while they burst into flames on the assembly line.

Oh, and thanks for all the tips about the body pillows! I'm going to go out tonight and pick one up. I had another night of achiness, so I'm really looking forward to some relief.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Dana has her Blackberry on her at all times. A bunch of us were at dinner the other night and we shouted at her to put it away. I guess some people need to feel needed. If I'm not a doctor and it's after hours, it can wait.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home