Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Spice girls

I talked to Ashley and Mark last night and, happily, they both sounded good and strong! Mark never fainted or anything, and Ashley is such a tough cookie. She was trying to describe the pain of the c-section, and I was in total awe that she was able to sit there and discuss it with me, as opposed to how I believe I would behave (eg. lots of moaning, wailing and using hospital equipment as missiles). I also asked Mark how much of the delivery he saw, and he said he only looked when the doctors told him to. Smart man. I watch those birthing shows on Discovery Health Channel, and they're already pretty grody even with the blurring out they do. I'll just never understand how babies come out three different colors like that. It is so weird! But I hope all three of them were able to get some good rest last night and that Ashley's nurses were generous with the pain medication. Cause, really, would an extra dose of Percoset hurt a woman who just gave birth to a 9-pound baby? I think not.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Percocet is the best thing ever (especially after a c-section!)

I'm glad they are all doing well :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I had Nubane prior to giving birth (really relaxes you) and Darvaset afterward...who says drugs are bad???

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think drugs are great. I'd love to be on some right now.

So Ann, who do you think the baby looks like?

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Drugs are good, m'kay?

I gotta admit, the baby reminded me more of Ashley than Mark. I was surprised she had such light hair, but Mark told me he was blond when he was a kid, so that made more sense. I hope they get a picture on the hospital web page soon. Those are always adorable.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had just about everything... they gave me Nubane before my epidural arrived, and then I had the epidural... Lord only knows what all they put in the epidural for the c-section, and then they gave me Percocet for pain afterward. No wonder Logan slept for days- haha! (just kidding!)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hey, some of the stories I've heard about crying babies, I'm surprised more parents don't spike their formula with Tylenol PM.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home