Friday, July 27, 2007

Let the Twinkie spin

I had a dream last night that I was Pam from The Office, and I was hanging out with Jim and other Office people, and we were all taking part in the newest fad: ordering insect eggs through the mail and then putting them underneath our skin. I know, gross. But in the dream, your skin would get all puffy and red and then the adult insect would burst out and fly away, leaving big gashes in your skin. And my skin got puffier and redder than everybody else's, but it didn't hurt. Now, tell me, this has got to be a childbirth dream, right? My brain is using the hatching of insects in my body as a metaphor for this baby, don't you think? Sure, it's an incredibly gross and disgusting metaphor, but from what I've seen on Discovery Health Channel, childbirth ain't exactly pretty, so perhaps it's my way of dealing with that anxiety. Of course, my theory is flawed because I didn't dress up the insects in onesies and rub baby powder on their exoskeletons, but still.

5 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

My skin will be crawling the rest of the day now, thanks!
The Office meets Battlestar Galactica, crazy!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, sorry about that! It didn't seem as gross in the dream as it does when I describe it. I mean, all the cool kids were doing it ;)

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I've really missed some good blog titles lately :)

Crazy dream- I didn't have any weird birth dreams like that. All my pregnancy related dreams were about the baby after he was born.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

My brain never seems to have normal dreams. Well, either that or the normal ones are boring so I don't remember them. But I don't think I've actually dreamt about a baby yet.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um... ewww! Now I will be seeing things in my skin! My dreams have been very random ones as well- not many baby ones either.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home