Friday, July 13, 2007

But you have heard of me

Every time a Friday the 13th rolls around, I start convincing myself that there are knife-wielding freaks in hockey masks behind every corner. I have got to do something about this overactive imagination of mine. But I was just sitting here thinking about going across the street to get an iced tea (since I was up for a while last night and am feeling a trifle tired), but then I thought to myself "Hey, it's Friday the 13th. What if a meteor hits me while I'm walking? Or what if I get hit by an old blind lady driving a car? Or there's a bloodthirsty wolf between me and the tea?" While these are remote possibilities, they're probably not any more possible today than they would be any other day. As Jack Sparrow says "It is possible. It's just not probable." And we should all take to heart the advice given to us by fictional, sexy pirate men. Isn't that something that I still consider that character sexy even though he's got bad teeth, wears eyeliner and is obviously insane? That Johnny Depp. He makes everything look good.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Johnny really does have a knack for the sexy to shine through.

I'm just the opposite with Friday the 13th. I usually don't realize what day it is until I turn on the TV at night and see that some channel is playing all 9 Friday the 13th movies. And if some bloodthirsty wolf is between you and tea, you smack that wolf around and send him off with his tail between his legs.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! I love the mental image of me kicking the butt of a bloodthirsty wolf. Yeah, take that, you lupine loser! Jerk.

Hey, did you see the Freddie vs. Jason movie? I saw it on tv, so I know a lot was edited out, but that was just awful. What were they thinking? I still need to see the one with Freddie in space though.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was kind of curious about the space one too.

My friend and I used to stay up late and watch scary movies at her house. One night we were watching them in her family room and her dad actually went outside and in the dark of night, banged on the sliding door and ran off. Scared the beejeebers out of us. After that we watched movies in her 2nd floor bedroom with the lights on and the door wide open.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That is mean! Man, that would have made me mess myself. When I watch scary movies, I have to sit with my back against a wall with all the lights on. I watched The Ring at 1 p.m. because I knew I'd have a few hours to forget about it before I went to bed.

10:20 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Alisa, my dad did the same thing when I was a teenager! Scared us to death and he just laughed and laughed. Hateful, really!

I am not suspicious so Friday the 13th just a Friday! :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Man, dads can be so mean! My Dad let us watch The Exorcist once, but I'm glad he didn't TRY to scare us. The movie was bad enough, thank you very much.

Oh, and I went and got my tea and didn't encounter a single meteor! Huzzah!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a fan of horror movies, so I'm not paying any attention to the date! I watched Poltergiest with friends in a house full of mirrors- never again!

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home