Friday, June 29, 2007

Have the lambs stopped crying, Clarice?

I'm serious. If I have to eat another peanut butter sandwich for lunch, I'm going to stab some unfortunate soul with a butter knife. And I fear I won't be nice about it either. I'm quite certain that if I just had a bacon turkey bravo from Panera, I'd be satisfied. Just one. Waaaah! I never realized how much I'd miss deli meat sandwiches. Cause, you know, I'm sort of anti-meat a lot of the time because I start to feel sorry for the animal it came from, but, man, an Italian sub sounds soooo good right now. Dang it. Why must I always want the things I cannot have? Why did I choose to base my happiness in life around food instead of better things like cars and watches? I'm so stupid!

Hey, it's Friday. Nice.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Friday!

Maybe I'm a cold person but I really have no problem eating meat. In fact if someone forced me to be a vegetarian, I'd probably cry.

I bet you're looking forward to that hot dog, eh?

9:03 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

You have no idea how much I want a hot dog right now, my friend. Ahh yes. And I hear you on the vegetarian thing. I love meat, but most of the time I only really like meat that doesn't look like the animal it came from. Rack of lamb kills me.

9:12 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Ann, your entry reminded me of the "Friends" when Phoebe was pregnant and really craving meat and she worked out that deal with Joey that he would stop eating meat so she could eat it and therefore balancing out the equilibirum of nature.

TGIF!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have another pregnant friend who is obsessed with deli meat and definitely giving in to her cravings! Some deli meat (heated until steaming hot) is ok. You can also have some canned tuna. Do you have a microwave at work so you could heat up leftovers?

9:29 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

Been there! I ate a lot of chicken and egg salad. Although, I did try to mix up the peanut butter with either potato chips on top or sliced banana with honey. Alas, it's still peanut butter.

After Ben was born, I had Eric go to Katzinger's and get me a sandwich with every kind of deli meat they had!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I was reminded of Friends, too, writing that. I was thinking of how Joey's favorite food was sandwiches. Heh.

Thanks for the tips for lunch. I'll have to start making more tuna and egg salad. I could make pasta salad, too. That sounds good. But a bacon turkey bravo still sounds better. Dang it!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you- I love a bacon turkey bravo :)

I've been OD-ing on peanut butter too since it is ok for my diet.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is all news to me. I'd never heard that deli meat was bad for pregnant women. Sucks for my kids, I guess.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, well, I guess if you didn't avoid deli meat, I shouldn't be so scared of it. It's something about deli meat being more prone for listeria. Freakin' listeria.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home