Monday, June 18, 2007

"What does three up and three down mean to you?" "End of an inning?"

Let me preface this by saying my excuse for the following story was that I was really tired last night. I slept like a rock on Friday, but the rest of the weekend was spent tossing my cookies, going to family functions and then not sleeping at night. Ok, so I'm lying in bed last night trying to fall asleep, and I notice that my feet feel unusually cold. So my general paranoia kicks in and I start wondering if that means the circulation to my legs is dying. I'm thinking "Oh, this is it. It's finally happened. All those years of joking about sciatica and now the supply of oxygen to my feet is cut off, and I'm going to be an amputee, hobbling around the streets of Columbus doing handstands for spare change." Fortunately, I jiggled my toes and realized that I had my feet out from underneath the covers. Sigh. I am losing my mind.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I was awake more last night than I slept... and if one more person tells me that this is my body getting me ready for the baby, i think I'll slug 'em!

9:12 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

i got so sick of that, too, Katie!! And, i got tired of hearing that my energy would come back...and after Emma Helen was born with a head FULL of hair, i got tired of people asking if I had a lot of heartburn when I was pregnant..it's a wives tale, people! (i am not a very patient person.) :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I chuckled at the thought of you entertaining for spare change.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would throw Ann some change!

Beth- I am working at home now, so at least I don't have to hear it everyday anymore... my other favorite is "how are you feeling?" and when I answer "tired", "yeah, you look tired" - THANKS!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ok, seriously, why do people feel entitled to say so many stupid things to pregnant women? Somebody told me this weekend that since I have a cut on my arm right now, the baby might come out with a scar on its arm, too. Uhhh...ok.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! That is a good one! Apparently being near pregnant women must suck the brain cells out of other people!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Do we give off some sort of radiation or pheromone that makes people temporarily stupid/insensitive? We need to do research on this issue.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post title was killing me because I knew it but couldn't remember what movie. I googled it and now I know.

"Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P."

1:54 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Katie, do you have people touching your belly yet? Friends and family are one thing but it used to AMAZE that perfect strangers felt they could touch you. Also, when they would ask, "When are we due now?" Um, 'scuse me, but WE are not anything, lady. Ok, will get off my soapbox now. :)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home