Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cat scratch fever

Man, the Wubby J. sliced and diced my arm this morning! I was sitting on the floor playing with him and J wanted to brush him since it's summer and he's shedding like, well, he's shedding like a long-haired cat, basically. But the minute Wubby saw the brush, he flipped out, pushed off of my arm and left a 3-inch cut down the soft side of my forearm. This was half an hour ago and it's still bleeding. I've got four Band-aids on it, and the blood is soaking through them. And all this because he didn't want to get brushed. But I understand in a way--apparently, when I was a child, I wouldn't let my Mom brush my hair either. So I had this mop of tangly blond hair that stood up. When I look at pictures, I think I resembled a blonde, baby Einstein. I was trendy before it was trendy to be trendy!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Put some antibiotic ointment on that- cat scratches can get really infected!

Have you ever considered a lion cut for Wubby? It looks silly at first, but it is much cooler for the summer.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously, if he keeps up this kind of reaction to the brush, we might have to. I have no idea what he's so scared of--my Mom's cats love to get brushed.

And I did put some Neosporin on it. It finally stopped bleeding, too!

8:34 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

My sister-in-law just had her cat shaved in the lion style and Sassy is so happy! Glad you put Neosporin on it!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I love the name Sassy for a cat!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I have "Cat Scratch Fever" in my head.

I think shaving Wubby would be great. Then you have to post pictures of him if you do it.

I'm glad you're not bleeding all over the place. Don't get too close to any vampires, 'cause they sense fresh wounds.

10:37 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

and, get this...Sassy is a boy!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sassy the male cat. That is awesome.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does she get mad when people think Sassy is a girl?

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home