Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It feels good to be a gangster

Ahh, I watched Office Space on tv last night for a little while. That's such a fun movie to watch if you've ever had one of those cubicle/nightmare jobs. That really is such a fantasy--to not show up to work when you don't feel like going, not making any excuses for yourself, and then wearing flip flops the days you decide to go. Ahhh, that would be sweet. My nightmare job like that was temping at a sales office between college and grad school. My boss actually walked around with a coffee cup and said just as many obnoxious, clueless things as Lumberg. And one time he got angry with me and actually didn't speak to me for like three weeks. Ugh. I really detested that place. Not as much as I detested jobs where I actually had to do sales, but this was really bad in its own right. It all just makes me glad I got my degree and found a job in academia. I get along much better with nerds than I do with greedy salesmen/weasels. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salesmen are the WORST! I worked at a company where a salesman tried to get reimbursed for strippers and a limo. He really even had receipts and everything. His excuse was that he was entertaining clients. I'm sad that I wasn't in that meeting with the president of the company though. I'd expect that the salesman said something like, "It's not like they were hookers!"

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ugh, that is disgusting. I'm pretty sure that one circle of hell is reserved for salesmen like that. I worked with some real slimeballs at that housing development, too. Those guys would sell their children for a boat, I'm sure of it.

9:46 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Ewww, that is gross.
I LOVE Office Space and watched a little bit of it last weekend, it must be in regular rotation right now. Fun movie!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I caught Office Space the other weekend too.

I think you're right about there being a special level of hell for salesmen.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home