Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Jive turkeys ain't got no brains anyhow

It's a good thing I squeezed in a long nap last night because I was driving to the library earlier in the evening and hallucinating that the red lights on the street lights were turning white. Yeah. I wasn't sure if I should stop or go, so I just stayed where I was.

To all my Charleston friends, I saw that on the news about the furniture store that caught fire and 9 people were killed. Was that near either of you? That's so sad. And they mentioned that the store didn't have a sprinkler system. Aren't all commercial buildings required to have sprinklers? If they aren't, somebody needs to get on that. As the coach in Dodgeball said, not having sprinklers is "about as useful as a poop-flavored lollipop."

And when it comes to the Transformers movie coming out soon, I'm hoping it's 90% transformers and 10% humans...at MOST. I have a sinking feeling they're going to try to give it subtext and character development instead of just really cool special effects. Jerks.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

The fire was terrible! It was in the West Ashley so not near us but it was all over the news last night and this a.m. Makes me sooo sad that 9 firefighters were killed.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really is awful. Yeah, I'm shocked they didn't have sprinklers.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

So sad and so unnecessary.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about that too and thought of you guys. Such a shame for those firefighters and their families.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home