Monday, June 25, 2007

Specsnyder

Sweet heavens to Betsy, I think my morning sickness might actually be getting better. For the last four days or so, I haven't felt as sick and I haven't been puking. Thank goodness. In fact, the only time I gag now is when I brush my teeth or if it's been a really long time since I ate (and, for me, that means about 4 hours). I can't tell you how relieved I am that my whole life isn't revolving around my stomach. Even if this is a temporary reprieve and the morning sickness returns at some point, I'm just so happy to feel better for a little while. I really wasn't sure how much more ice cream I could eat without turning into a whale. If that had kept up, I would have been eating 20 tons of plankton a day and making humming noises outside the boundaries of human hearing, I just know it.

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I am so glad your morning sickness is getting better! Luckily, I never got sick but brushing my teeth made me gag the whole 10 months! (9 months is a lie!)

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear your tummy is better! I hope that was the worst of it. Heh, I may be the only one but whenever someone says 'plankton' I picture the character from Spongebob Squarepants. "Lord knows I've tried. I've exhausted every evil plan in my filing cabinet... from A to Y!"

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also glad that your morning sickness is starting to fade. The teeth brushing thing did bother me for several months. In fact, I had a dentist appt early in my 2nd trimester and I was so worried the whole time that I was going to puke on the hygenist!

Although eating all that ice cream doesn't sound so bad to me...

And don't worry, when the morning sickness goes, something else will take its place... back ache, sciatica, swelling, headaches... and plenty of other surprises :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, the toothbrushing is so odd. I try so hard not to gag, but I fail about 80% of the time. So weird. And, Katie, you predicted it--the sciatic nerve in my right leg is already bugging me :)

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry! I didn't mean to!

My sciatica and back pain hurt much worse in my 1st and 2nd trimesters than they did in my 3rd trimester.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ooh, ok, at least that's encouraging! It won't last forever!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home