Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Every cookie is a sugar cookie

So J and I were driving home from work yesterday, and we were on this side street behind another car that was slowing down because kids on bikes were coming the other way and riding in the middle of the street. But the man in the car in front of us just braked and waited patiently (and so did we), but when we passed the kids on the bikes, the littlest one (he could have only been about 7 years old) was gesturing and yelling "F*^% you! F*^% you!" at both cars. Now, I've been cursed out by other drivers before, but I can't recall a time in my life when a child did that sort of thing for no apparent reason. J and I were both floored, although J reasoned that the kid probably had one of those angry dads. I told him I thought it would have been funny if he'd leaned out the driver's side window and just punched the kid in the face. I'm going to make such a good mom.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just take these things as a lesson... "I will teach my kids not to curse at courteous drivers who are concerned for their safety"

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I really couldn't figure out what that kid was so mad about. It wasn't like anybody tried to hit him. You gotta wonder what he's going to be like as an adult...one word pops to mind: "convict."

9:41 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

yep, "convict" was what popped into my head first, too!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sugar cookie title, that's Dane Cook, no?

Is it me or are kids much more rude these days? You should have shouted, "What's your effing problem?" and then punched him. Seriously. And your kids would never do that. Unless Auntie Alisa taught them to...

10:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The sugar cookie was some comedian named Gus we saw on Comedy Central last night. He did this whole bit on different cookies. I was starving afterwards.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it Gary Gulman? A really tall, good looking guy? He was on tour with Dane which is why I thought that it was Dane that said it.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home