Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Maupa dupa" is Polish for "monkey butt"

Ach du lieber Augusta (which is what my Polish grandmother always used to say. Roughly translated, I think it means "Crap!"), I feel sick this morning. I was doing just fine getting ready for work, but after I ate my cereal, I got hit with a rogue wave of nausea and tossed it all back up. It's so weird. I haven't hurled in weeks, and then out of nowhere, I'm yakking in the sink again. And, of course, this makes me worry that something is wrong, but I'm trying to not be too much of a hypochondriac. Hopefully, in a few minutes here I can get down the banana I brought with me and I'll feel better. I just wish my stomach and I got along better. We always seem to be at odds with each other. Sigh.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry too much- sometimes things just don't sit well- no matter how great you are feeling! But you can always call your doctor to just check if you need too.
I can't stand the smell of a kitchen after something has been cooked. Doesn't matter if I enjoyed eating it, can't stand the smells afterwards. blech.
Feel Better girl!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, your tummy is really misbehaving. I definitely hope you can keep that banana down. Ok, how sad is it that when I type out banana, I hear Gwen Stefani in my head going, "B-A-N-A-N-A-S!"

9:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks for the advice and sympathy. I really thought I was done with the vomiting stage, but I guess I can always count on the South rising again.

Ok, I'm going to attempt to eat the B-A-N-A-N-A now. Wish me luck!

9:49 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Maybe some Sprite or ginger ale would help your tummy? I hope you feel better!
I can't stand that Gwen Stefani song but thank you so much for getting it in my head! :)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Does Gwen Stefani still have all those Japanese girls in her videos? They are creepy! I will never understand rock stars and their weird posses.

11:05 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I think the last Gwen Stefani video I saw was the one that starts out, "You and me, we used to ..." Don't know the rest of the words and I am just not a fan of her or her posse! :)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, Ann? Your Polish grandmother was uttering the line from a Viennese song of the same name "Ach! du lieber Augustin".

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home