Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm especially good at expectorating

On our way to work this morning, J and I saw an alleged hooker hitchhiking on the street, and J commented that she was actually a lot more well-dressed than most of the hookers we see in the morning. He said "See, she's wearing socks and shoes." That's class right there.

We saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix yesterday. That's a pretty good movie. Definitely getting darker and more complex as the characters age, but still fun, too. I've read all the Harry Potter books, so I'm always interested to see what gets condensed in the movies. But generally I think they do a good job of trimming the literary fat. I'm also on the public library's waiting list for the new Harry Potter book that's coming out this week. Know what my place in line is on the waiting list? 1998. Seriously. That is ridiculous.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

you are almost 2000th in line for the Harry Potter book?? Wow! I have only read the first 4 and need to catch back up!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1998, that was a good year. Well I hope it doesn't take 3-4 years for you to get your hands on the book!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I'm figuring I should get the notice that the book is available around November of 2009. Good grief.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! I can't wait to see that movie! I'm just debating if I can handle sitting that long b/c I don't want to miss anything!

Hopefully it won't take that long to get the book!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home