Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Spider pig, spider pig

J and I were having a discussion last night about how differently men and women deal with emotions. I was asking him how men are able to act so calm and rational when really bad things happen, and he replied "Well, men are better at...what's the word?" and I helpfully suggested "having a black, withered stump where your soul's supposed to be?" And he's like "No. Men are better at detaching themselves." Heh.

We watched some of the debate on tv last night. That was interesting. I don't know who three of those Democratic candidates are, but one of them has the fluffiest head of white hair I've ever seen. He looked like a Qtip in a suit. I still can't decide if I like John Edwards, Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton the best. One question, I'd like Edwards. Next question, Obama, etc.... They're really not that different so it's hard to make a decision. But who knows? Maybe Suited Qtip will roar ahead in the primaries. You never know.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night my mom said, "If only we could take one bit of each of them then we'd have the perfect candidate."

It really was a lot of fun. Did you see the end where they had to say something they liked and didn't like about the candidate to the left of them? That was priceless!

9:06 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Alisa, we were just saying the same thing about the candidates here at work! If we could take certain things from each and make them into one candidate or make the presidency a team position...ha ha!
Overall, i liked the youtube format and thought a lot of the questions were very good!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The YouTube format was the coolest part. I missed that question at the end though--that must have been hilarious. It was a really good debate. I still think it's cool to see a woman up there really holding her own.

9:43 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I agree, she is a great public speaker and has good poise...it is funny to me how much better John Edwards, Hillary and Obama are at debates and it is in that format that you really see who the good speakers are. All the different candidates really make it interesting!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I thought all three of them did a good job of talking about policy but also seeming very direct and human. I like how John Edwards seems to have a good sense of humor, too. He kept laughing at the YouTube videos.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the funniest part of the last question was that Edwards said something nice about Hillary but that what he didn't like was her jacket. Then when they got to Obama he said, "I actually like her jacket."

The feminist in me LOVES the fact that it looks like a viable candidate is a woman but I just have a problem with that woman being her.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home