Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mufasa

I saw on the news this morning that a few weeks ago, five recent high school graduates died in a car crash, and the police think that it might have happened because the girl driving was text messaging as she drove. Wow, seriously, I've never even tried to text message while driving because I can barely do it when I'm sitting on my couch, much less when I'm trying to steer a half-ton vehicle through traffic. Teenagers these days have abilities to multi-task that I would never even dream up. Of course, I see adults driving to work who are smoking, talking on a cell phone AND drinking coffee, so I guess it's not just the kids. And then the irony of it hits me--when I'm sitting in my car noticing what other people are doing, I, too, am distracted from the road. It's amazing any of us ever get where we're going.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a lady eating cereal once.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's insane. I've heard that people read the newspaper while they're driving. How is that even possible??

8:32 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Cereal? What a mess! I have definitely seen people reading while driving. What a bad idea.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't understand the women who put on mascara while driving- not at a red light- but as they are actually driving!!!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I've seen women doing the makeup thing, too. I would be terrified that mascara wand would end up in my cornea. Ouch. Those chicks are either really talented or very stupid.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She seemed to be doing pretty well with the cereal actually.

And I've done the mascara thing but only when the car is stuck and not moving. In high school my friend and I would put makeup on while riding the bus. I'm amazed we got everything in the right place.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'd be like that woman in Airplane! who tries to put on lipstick, the plane jerks and she winds up with a big slash of red on her cheek.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home