Thursday, July 19, 2007

I don't cotton to sarcasm

Ergh. I was woken up at 3 a.m. last night to the sound of thunder and many flashes of lightning. But I figured I'd be able to fall back asleep with the pitter patter of the raindrops to soothe my slumber. But nooooo. Around 3:30, the power went out, so we lost our fan and I just couldn't fall back asleep without it. So note to self: soothing sound of fan more important than soothing sound of raindrops. Check. Now I'm feeling awfully tired. I kind of wish I still drank coffee, but I really don't want to get back into that habit until I'm 40, the kids are in school and I really need it. I'll tell you something, my Dad used to drink something like 8 cups of coffee a day, but as I get older, I'm starting to understand why. He woke up at 5 a.m. every morning, and it's just darn hard to function all day without some artificial stimulation. There. I said it. Sometimes drugs are good. Heh heh heh.

2 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

i love coffee, yes, i am addicted to the caffeine but it is part of my morning ritual and i truly enjoy the taste! No coffee, no workee is my motto!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like that "no coffee, no workee" :) Yeah, I actually really like the taste, too. And nothing beats a hot cup of coffee in the wintertime. Ahhhh.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home