Monday, July 23, 2007

Marlboros and Mountain Dew

I'm not going to lie, I spent most of the weekend reading the new Harry Potter book. I can't believe I read over 760 pages in a day and a half, but those books are so easy to read that they just suck you in like an episode of COPS. It's nice to know now how that whole saga ends, although there was quite a bit of death in there. I hope it's not too traumatic for the children.

We also saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 at the movie theatre yesterday. Meh. Johnny Depp was fun to watch, but, man that movie was long. And they had about 8 subplots going at once, so it's a little hard to follow at points. Also amazing to me: how much Orlando Bloom can look like a woman. He's good-looking, for sure, but there are moments when I want to slap some mascara on him and call him Sally.

6 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:49 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

Have you sneaked a peak at the end of the book?

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I finished it without sneaking a peek at the end, I'm proud to say. It was hard though! When you're only on page 30 of a 760-page book, it's very tempting to jump ahead.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed that you didn't sneak a peek at the end while reading. I always read a chapter or two and then check the last two pages to see what happens.

Yeah, Orly is definitely not a man's man. I bet he'd look good in drag.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I would say with some degree of certainty that Orlando Bloom has never field dressed a deer before. I'm pretty sure.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be willing to bet a large sum of money that he wouldn't even know what that means.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home