Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Norman? Hello?

The other day, I decided to go for a walk in a nearby park, so I asked J if he'd like to join me (and also protect me from would-be pickpockets), and he accepted. So he logged off his online gaming group and we had a nice turn around the park. Didn't get harassed by bums or anything! But when we got home, he logged back on to his group and apparently someone asked him where he'd been and he replied "I was taking my pregnant wife for a walk." I heard that and something about it bothered me but I couldn't figure out what, and then it hit me: what he said made me sound like a dog. And then I started thinking about that scene from When Harry Met Sally where Sally's like "So in this scenario I'm the dog? I'm the dog!"

2 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

"I was taking a walk WITH my pregnant wife" would have gone over much better, right? :)

how was the OB appt yesterday?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, I would have preferred that wording :)

The appointment was good. Everything is fine. She said I'm on track with my weight and blood pressure, and the baby's heartbeat was nice and strong. My only real issue is the heartburn, but the Pepcid is still mostly working, so I can't complain.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home