Monday, July 30, 2007

I am both itchy and scratchy

J and I saw The Simpsons Movie yesterday. It's really funny! Compared to sitting in a theatre for what felt like 8 hours for the last Pirates movie, this one felt remarkably short and concise. And it really is 90 minutes of good-natured fun. I would highly recommend it.

I also watched this segment on 60 Minutes last night about the incredibly powerful, corrupt, doomed-to-hell pharmaceutical lobby in Washington, D.C.. I'm not kidding, the people who work for the drug companies all better have some serious religious epiphanies on their deathbeds because they are all pretty much pure evil. Not that I exaggerate or anything. But I don't understand how these people live with themselves spending millions of dollars to get legislation passed that will make them billions at the expense of every taxpayer and prescription-user in the country. Do they have no conscience? Or is it easy to just not think about it when your pillow's made of spun gold? Ugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

How fun that you saw the Simpsons! We want to go see it! I really want to see The Bourne Ultimatum, too, but will go by myself b/c Kenny has no interest in it.
Ugh, don't get me started on the pharmaceutical or health insurance companies!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, definitely go see The Simpsons. It's very funny. We want to see the new Bourne movie, too. That's another series that tends to confuse me, but the action sequences are always good and Matt Damon is very fetching.

2:31 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

I love the Bourne story, my sister loved the books. I do love all of the action/spy-type movies...Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, etc. etc. etc!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home