Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm just a gigolo

I was watching the Top 100 Songs of the 80's on Vh1 yesterday and have come to a conclusion: Janet Jackson may be the dumbest celebrity on the face of the planet. And I'm including Jessica Simpson as a celebrity, so that's saying a lot. Wow, whenever I see Janet in an interview, it's like she can barely string together a coherent sentence. And she's got those blank, dead eyes. I mean, I suppose it's possible she's not stupid and she's actually an android or an alien, which makes it less of her own fault, but I'm inclined to think she's just an idiot. I used to think Winona Ryder was really stupid because of how she came off in interviews, but I've decided she was probably high at the time. Next up, I need to determine if Scarlet Johannsen is as dumb as I think she is or high.

Oh, and when it came to the countdown, I can't believe Queen and David Bowie's Under Pressure came in behind Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. We live in a messed-up world, my friends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Janet Jackson on Oprah and didn't think she was dumb. I just got the feeling that she's terribly shy and therefore not very forthcoming with words. I like the dumb explanation better though. I still can't stand Winona but I have a feeling she's not dumb and probably just high. And Scarlet is probably dumb but thinks she's smart which makes it worse. At least Jessica Simpson embraces her dumb.

Whitesnake beat Queen & David Bowie? That's just wrong.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yes, the absolute worst is when someone ain't too bright but they think they're a genius. Sometimes I listen to the conversations the college kids are having outside my door in the library and I want to smack myself in the forehead. But I was probably just the same way when I was 19. Maybe it's just an age thing. How old is Scarlet?

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's 22, according to imdb. She's always struck me as older. I respect her because she doesn't see the need to lose weight. Whether she's smart or not I have no idea. She's no Natalie Portman, that's for sure.

9:52 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

What is wrong with this world when Whitesnake even makes it into the top 100? Sigh.
Not a fan of Scarlet but can't put my finger on why, exactly. But, she was good in that movie with what's-his-name who was a tennis player?

12:42 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Match Point, that was the movie.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, can you believe Whitesnake was in there with people like Pat Benatar, Prince and Michael Jackson?? Puh-lease.
The only thing I've seen Scarlet in lately was The Prestige. Isn't she going to be in The Nanny Diaries? That was a good book.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nanny Diaries is next on my list to read.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home