Monday, August 20, 2007

Chicka chicka wubbiss

We went and saw Superbad yesterday. That's a pretty funny movie, although there were moments where I was thinking "Do kids these days really talk like this?" I must have hung out with too many church-going girls in high school, because, wow, I'm easily shocked. But if anybody else saw it, did you get the impression that the Evan character was gay? And I'm not saying that because he respected women and seemed like a nice guy; he just seemed a little too affectionate with that Japanese kid. I'm not judging...I'm just asking.

It was a really good weekend all around. The weather was a little cooler, so we took a couple walks, got ice cream, sat out on the porch, etc.... Of course, I also got attacked by a bee while we were in the woods on Saturday. It wouldn't stop buzzing my ear, so finally J whacked the living daylights out of the thing, it fell to the ground stunned and then he squashed it with his shoe. My hero! Seriously, if that bee had stung me, I would have had quite the swollen head today. I'm not deathly allergic to bee stings, but I swell up like a mother when I get stung. You should have seen what happened when I stepped on fire ants, too. Grotesque.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny, I didn't for a second think that Evan was gay. Goofy? Yes. Gay? No. I know he's a real life person but I have no idea if that guy ended up being gay.

And yeah, the language was shocking.

I'm jealous that you're having cooler weather. Though with it being so hot out I stay indoors and manage to avoid bees completely. I'm glad you didn't get stung.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's true--there are benefits to Charleston in August! :)

J didn't think Evan was gay either. But I thought his and the Japanese kid's tiramisu was suspiciously neat. Ha!

9:23 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Chicka Chicka 1 2 3, will there be a place for me? Your title made me think of a book Emma Helen loves about numbers....random, thought, sorry!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home