Thursday, August 23, 2007

Mr. Staypuft

I realized with a jolt last night that nephews #4 and #1 have birthdays coming up in the next couple weeks and I hadn't even thought about what to get them yet. Whoops. These are the ones that live in New Orleans, so I'm tempted to just send them ice packs, but they probably wouldn't enjoy them as much as toys, so I'm going to go with toys. Of course, my brother and sisters always tell me their kids have enough toys as it is, but I have no clue what else kids under the age of 5 want. Probably a whole day at Chuck E. Cheese with unlimited tokens, Coke and pizza, but I don't have that kind of scratch. It really does make me wonder where all these toys end up going as the kids grow up. Because I've seen people's houses where entire rooms and closets are full of toys and at some point that stuff is going to have to go to make room for Clearasil and $200 sneakers. Huh. Yet another mystery of parenting.

I got an actual craving on the way into work this morning. All of a sudden, a spoonful of chocolate frosting out of the can sounded awesome to me. Mmm.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puzzles are good for kids at that age. Are you mailing the stuff or ordering online?

Sometimes there is nothing better than frosting straight out of the can.

8:37 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Yum. Frosting.
Yes, puzzles very good! Target/Walmart have great ones that have 24 pieces that are good ...EH has a couple and loves them. Not sure how old the nephews are, though!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, that is a good idea about puzzles! I hadn't thought of that. I usually do the ordering for the New Orleans nephews online. They're going to be 3 and 5, so I think that's a great idea. I can get them some at Christmas, too!

Mmmm...frosting.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home