Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Browns Backers

I'm so happy that football's back on tv. I got sucked into watching the Colts play the Bears last night instead of doing my pregnancy yoga, but I just couldn't help myself. It's a pre-season game, so it's not even that important, but I'm still psyched that it's getting to be autumn and I can now spend my Sundays the right way: sitting on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a mug of hot chocolate, yelling at blind referees and butterfingered wide receivers. Ahh, yes, good times. I'm very disappointed in one Mr. Michael Vick, however. He was my fantasy quarterback last year so I feel somewhat obliged to him, but I will never forgive him for this dogfighting ring he was running. Frankly, I'm kind of glad he's not going to trial because I think I would have learned far too much about what an abusive, angry person he must be, and I'd prefer not to know precisely how he electrocuted dogs. Man. And, like J said last night, if you can do that to a dog, just imagine what you can do to another human being. Disturbing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw some shocking statistic once about people who were violent to animals and then their predilection to violence against humans.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That wouldn't surprise me at all. It's one thing if you're a farmer and you have to put down an animal that's sick, but to do that to an innocent dog is disgusting. It sounds like the sort of thing a psychopath would do.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home