Friday, August 24, 2007

Dale Junior!

I braved the sweltering heat and insane downtown motorists last night to go to Trader Joe's. And it was TOTALLY WORTH IT. That place makes the best granola cereal. Their "just the clusters" vanilla almond is really enough to get me up in the morning and get me to work without complaint. I also got some toffee bars, sparkling lemonade (which is going to flood my esophagus with gastric juices, but I don't even care), hummus and pita chips, among other things. It's still too bad about the feta cheese embargo because I couldn't get a Greek pizza, but I can wait a few more months. It's cool. But I might start instituting a regular trip to Trader Joe's on Thursdays because it really feels like a delightful way to start a weekend. Now all I need is my lottery tickets, Mountain Dew and Marlboros, and I'll be set for Friday night. Whoo!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a feta cheese embargo? Where have I been? I wonder how Ashley is handling it. Isn't she a big fan of the feta?

I'm jealous of your Trader Joe's Thursdays.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Not supposed to have feta cheese while pregnant, unfortunately. It's a sad, sad thing. I hope Ashley can have some now. That girl makes a great Greek salad (wow, that works on two levels!)

9:46 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Did you get any FROSTING at Trader Joe's??

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HaHa! A Greek Greek salad! Awesome.

Beth! We need to drive up to Charlotte one of these days so I can take you to TJs. Have you been to a Trader Joe's? ROAD TRIP!!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, I didn't even think to look for frosting at Trader Joe's. I bet they make some mean frosting. We actually have a couple cans of frosting in the fridge at home. It's a constant source of temptation.

3:32 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Eat it. Eat it. Eat it.
Yes, a road trip would be fun!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home