Friday, September 14, 2007

Mmm...s'mores

So we went to CVS last night to get my Mom a birthday card, and in my usual perusal of the candy aisle, I spotted the Halloween stuff already out. Score! So I got a bag of candy corn. Love that stuff. Frankly, I should probably start stocking up on big bags of candy because we've run out on trick-or-treat the past two years. And last year I think I bought something like seven pounds of candy, and it still wasn't enough. Remarkable. We really do have a lot of kids in the neighborhood, and then when you factor in all the 18-year-olds who have kids but trick-or-treat for themselves, too, the numbers really add up. Sigh.

Check this out--our high temperature today is 82 but tomorrow it's only supposed to get up to 65. I'm definitely going to have to go buy a big coat to keep J Jr. warm this winter. It occurs to me that there's an Eddie Bauer outlet store up the street from my house, so I might just go there and buy some massive tent of a coat and not have to pay too much for it. That might work. I went in there one time and noticed their coats on sale 70% off. I'll just go buy a man's XL and then if we ever get caught in a snowstorm, I can keep me, the baby AND J in there. We could build a campfire in my coat. I'm all about disaster readiness, people.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are able to find just the right coat to keep everyone cozy.

I can't wait until Halloween! I really had a fun time last year.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Halloween is a great holiday. It's a lot of fun seeing so many cute kids in costumes. My favorite are the 3-year-old lions. Adorable!

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you see this even though it is a late breaking comment...

We like to call Logan "Pepper" as in Pepper Brooks in Dodgeball b/c Logan's hair is crazy like Pepper's. So we think we might make Logan a chili pepper for Halloween!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home