Monday, September 24, 2007

How I learned about organ rejection

We rented Death Proof (the Quentin Tarantino half of that double-bill movie, Grindhouse) yesterday and watched it. I must say, Quentin's getting almost Merchant Ivory-esque in his advancing age--the blood and guts didn't really get going until about an hour into it. So restrained! No, it was a really entertaining movie. Gruesome in parts and I wouldn't recommend any elementary school doing a screening of it for kids, but the end, in particular, was pretty awesome. I like action movies in general, and I like how Tarantino injects some humor into his. Plus, he's not afraid of showing some seriously tough women. Speaking of which, I'm hoping that new Bionic Woman show is as good as I'm expecting. I used to love the original Bionic Woman. Even when I was 10, I can remember thinking how much better that show would have been with more special effects of Jamie Sommers actually fighting and doing more action sequences, but I guess they spent most of the budget on slo-mo shots and that weird "ee-ee-eee-eee" sound when she jumped over a fence. The 70's were a simpler time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have high hopes for Bionic Woman too. Apparently they're going to do a nod to the sound effect from the original so listen for it.

I definitely want to see both Grindhouse movies. I'm trying to picture Tarantino directing A Room with a View.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

There was that one scene in A Room with a View where the Italian guy gets stabbed in the piazza. Tarantino would have made that the entire movie. Heh. And I bet he would have kept in the male frontal nudity.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you're totally right.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home