Thursday, September 20, 2007

A soda has ice cream in it

I'll tell you something, I think this whole thing about pregnant women having weird food cravings is something of a myth. Not once in this whole thing have I craved pickles or sardines. Not a once! I'm sure it might be different for individual women, but, for me, I basically seem to want all the stuff I wanted before I was pregnant. The only difference now is that I am giving myself more leeway to actually eat 3 doughnuts at a time because I feel like I deserve it. I have pregnancy-related entitlement issues! Now, having said that, I will admit to having suspicious yearnings for Faygo red pop. They might actually be considered cravings, even. I don't know what it is. Sometimes I'm sitting here at my desk, and the thought pops into my head "Mmm...Faygo red pop would taste really good right now," and then I think I can actually taste it in my mouth. I've bought a couple two liters in the past few weeks and had some at night. I even tried buying grape pop to see if that would squelch the craving, but it's not working. I still want the red pop. And, seriously, what flavor is Faygo red pop supposed to be anyway? Cause it doesn't taste precisely like cream soda or strawberry/cherry. It's its own unique blend of sugary magic is what it is.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not entirely familiar with Faygo red pop. I think I've seen it before but I can't be sure. It sounds delightful.

Soda doesn't ALWAYS have ice cream in it but it's better when it does ;)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

If you ever have the inclination, try the Faygo red pop. It's heaven on earth, my friend.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think they sell that here. I never saw it out west either. Maybe I saw it in Pennsylvania once.

9:09 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

It sounds like Faygo red pop is a craving, my friend! When you can't stop thinking about it and even blog about it! hee hee! I craved watermelon and pancakes from the Lizard's Thicket when I was pregnant. Kenny and i would go to LT before work and eat breakfast so I could get my fix. Ah, good times. :)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...pancakes. Do you ever go to Cracker Barrel and get the ones with peaches on top? They are divine!

I remember buying Faygo at the Kroger in Columbia, but they might not sell it anymore. Do you have Krogers in Charleston?

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have weird food cravings, but I would have something pop into my head and I wouldn't be happy until I had it! Like on my way to work I would start thinking about a hamburger and I knew that I HAD to have a hamburger for lunch!

11:33 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

no, not really a cracker barrel or a kroger fan, i am sorry! honestly don't know if there are krogers down here...i stick to Harris Teeter and Publix. you should google the Faygo red pop and see if you can do a store locator?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I tell you what, I can take or leave Cracker Barrel for dinner, but their breakfasts are quite tasty. Well, except, this one time, we went there with J's family for breakfast, and his sister got the steak and eggs, and that didn't look so good, but the pancakes and hashbrown casserole are simply yummy.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home