Friday, September 21, 2007

Toto rocks

Our next door neighbors have a granddaughter who's about 5 or 6, and she's just about one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen. She's very friendly and polite, too, which is nice to see. They've been taking her to school every morning about the same time J and I are leaving for work, so this morning she said hello to us and asked if we have a baby coming (I think Grandma must have explained that to her). So we told her, yes, we're having a little boy and she can come over to see him when he's born. And she replied "We don't have a baby. We have a dog and a fish." Ha! So we started laughing, and then she started laughing too (although you could tell she didn't know what was so funny about that). It was great. It reminds me of the time Nephew #2 bonked his head on my Mom's living room wall so I asked him "Are you ok?" and he looked a little stunned but he replied "I'm fine." And then I told him "You are tough!" and he just looked at me like I was a little clueless, shrugged his shoulders and said "I'm three." Heh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's right. I think there are a lot of three year olds much tougher than grown men.

9:22 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Amen! TGIF!!!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike's 5 year old step nephew got some big spiderman toy for Christmas- lifted the HUGE box over his head and yelled "I've wanted this all my life!"

Ha!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

LOL! That's hilarious about Mike's nephew! These toddlers are both witty AND have super-human strength. That's it, I'm voting for a 5-year-old for President next year. They'll be a lot more direct, tough and honest than any adult.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home