Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I am looking for nuclear wessels

I'm going to start referring to my insomnia as a "senorita" because it really is as unpredictable and spicy as a Latina woman. I woke up last night at 3:30 having to use the facilities, and I couldn't fall back to sleep no matter how hard I tried. I think I might have gotten a 10-minute nap between 6:05 and 6:15 but I'm supposed to be in the shower at 6, so I had one of those "Sweet merciful crap!" moments when I looked at the clock and saw how late it was. But I just don't understand why I couldn't sleep. I didn't nap last night, I did my yoga to help me relax, I went to bed at 11...it just don't make no sense. And, I'll just admit it, I actually had half a cup of coffee this morning to help me perk up because I kept mixing things up and I was afraid I'd sit at somebody else's desk when I got to work if I didn't have some artificial stimulation. Hopefully that half cup of coffee won't make Lil' J hyperactive. He's been doing what feel like flips in my belly lately. It seriously feels like he's getting acrobatic in there. And then when he's done, he seems to settle directly on my bladder. Awesome. And I still have almost three whole months to go. I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot more trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Word.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had some caffiene towards the end and Logan turned out ok. Although now I'm avoiding it b/c I don't want to chance it making him fussy.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you've been up since 3:30 then you deserve a little coffee. I wish you had better luck with sleep.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Pregnancy really ain't easy sometimes. It's hard to sleep with the trips to the bathroom and the aches, but then you're supposed to go all day without caffeine. It just ain't right. Although, I guess if I didn't work I could just nap all day. But I have to come to work so I can save up sick days for maternity leave. It's full of bitter irony!! :)

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how all the books tell you to take a nap during the day... who are these people who can nap all day???

10:09 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Whoever they are, I kinda want to smack them.

11:10 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

When I was 8-9 mos pregnant, it seemed like I was going to the restroom every 15 minutes which definitely gets frustrating! Someone told me that the getting up at night to go helps prepare you for getting up at night with the baby....um, no, not the case! :) And, yes who ARE the people who can nap all day??

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home