Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Would you be prepared if gravity suddenly reversed itself?

I fell asleep watching Heroes last night, but I woke up in time to see Claire scissor off her toe and it grow back. Ewww! That's just gross. I kept thinking that her mom's dog probably ate the first toe. Gag. I had a fun time watching Chuck though. Last night's episode wasn't as funny as the premiere, but J and I always get a giggle at the IT jokes. It's funny because before I started dating J, I knew practically nothing about computers. And I definitely don't know a lot now, but I at least know the difference between kilobytes and megabytes, and I can roughly define things like "motherboard," "operating system" and "why PCs are superior to Macs." Here's a tip for anyone who is ever contemplating having a computer discussion with J: do not, under any circumstances, suggest that Macs have something on PCs. Just don't. Bringing up that subject with him is sort of like bringing up the Holocaust to a Jewish person--it's reeeeeally complicated. It's definitely better to just let it lie. Think of it like this: Bill Gates good, Steve Jobs bad. And go on from there.

8 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

"We're Mac support. Think of us as the artists of support." Or something like that. That part cracked me up!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We were laughing at that, too. They need to make more time for the Nerd Herd guys!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind me to never mention to J that I have an iBook.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and your title...Real Genius?

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yep, Real Genius. You are good!

He's very serious about this Mac thing. He won't even buy an ipod.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny about J and Macs. Jess' hubby, Eric, hates Macs too but they both have iPods so it doesn't run as deeply for him as it does your hubby.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Frankly, it's a good thing my brother doesn't live nearby, because he's pro-Mac and anti-PC. Those two in the same room would make my family life much more difficult :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

i haven't used a Mac since college, so can't join in on the discussion. I do know that the marketing director at the museum had both a mac and a PC and she did all her graphic design stuff on the Mac. Anyhoo, LOVE my ipod!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home