Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hakuna matata

I woke up this morning feeling very uncomfortable in my abdominal region. Nothing terrible or anything, but Lil' J is feeling quite hefty today. I wonder if he put on a pound overnight. I can assure you that it's happened to me, so I don't see why it couldn't happen to him. That slice of pumpkin pie I ate went right to his thighs! It feels good to sit down today, that's for sure. Unfortunately, I need to go out into the stacks this morning to find some books. Maybe I could just stay seated in my chair and wheel myself around out there. That would be awesome. It would create a scene, sure, but as I've said many times before, this library has been one of the weirdest places I have ever worked, so I don't think it would phase the other employees at all. Heck, I could put on a Darth Vader helmet, a hula skirt and roller skates and they'd say "She's still not as weird as the last slide librarian."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And here is the fun of the 3rd trimester! Ha!

I promise, its all worth it!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I feel like such a wuss complaining, but it really seems like overnight he's started to feel so heavy and all of a sudden I'm getting these weird pains I didn't have before. It's so odd. It's a good thing I'm not rich or I'd just chuck it all, change into a muumuu and lie on the couch all day.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY picture you in a Darth Vader helmet, hula skirt and skates. That'd be sweet!

11:39 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

please dress up as a nun for christmas! you would get some laughs! (right?) :)

3rd trimester is hard, but by the time your due date arrives, you are so ready to get that baby out, your fear of childbirth all but goes away!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, so the discomfort serves a purpose then!

I like the nun idea for Halloween. We're not going to any parties this year so I don't need a costume, but that would be pretty funny to do that on beggar's night. My pregnant friend, Hannah, is going to a Halloween party as Mother Nature. Ha!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home