Saturday, October 20, 2007

We passed on the goat-milk fudge and pumpkin burgers

It's my second Saturday to work in the library this semester, and, let me tell you, the excitement level so far is scoring a 10. Of course, that's on a scale of 1 to 300. It's just been really quiet. Neither one of my student workers showed up, but, heck, if it stays like this all day, it might not be that big of a deal. Now, if there's suddenly some mad dash to make color copies at 4:30, then I'll be ticked. Mostly because I don't know how to make color copies. But that's another issue for another day.

So yesterday, J and I went about a half hour south of here for the Circleville Pumpkin Show. It was a much bigger event than I had pictured. I figured it would be a few stands with prize-winning gourds, a couple food vendors and a few permed girls wearing "Pumpkin Queen" sashes. Man, was I wrong. It took up several blocks and there were hundreds of vendors, rides and games. I also went a little crazy purchasing snacks. At the show, we got a half dozen pumpkin donuts and a pumpkin pie, then we stopped at a farmer's market and bought some cookies, candy, apples and bread. Just doing my part to support the carbohydrate farmers of central Ohio.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, pumpkin donuts!! Where they warm?? They're always better warm.

5:47 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Dunkin donuts has pumpkin donuts this time of year and they are soooo yummy! And, Starbucks' pumpkin latte also delicious! Hmmmm...pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread...i love the fall!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had a nice time! And I'm sure the carbohydrate farmers thank you for your support.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Those pumpkin donuts were a dream! Whoever thought up that idea was a genius. A genius, I say!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home