Monday, November 05, 2007

Help be whelp stew

Good grief, I am so tired right now that my fingers are moving independently of my brain. I just tried emailing a couple people and instead of typing "me," my fingers kept typing "be." And that causes some really weird sentences to show up. I woke up at 2:45 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep. And you might be thinking "Hey, but with the time change, you probably went to sleep earlier so it's not that bad!" You would be wrong. I couldn't fall asleep until after 11. I want to slam my head into a vat of mayonnaise just to drown out the world. My only hope here is that Lil' J's sleep patterns are not dependent on mine. Cause I would feel very guilty if he's as sleep-deprived as I am. I don't want him coming out of the womb with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth and dark circles under his eyes, asking for a latte. "Make it a grande, Dad. Seriously. I am shredded." That would be sad.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha- I think little J is doing just fine!

I barely slept this weekend myself! It stunk!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

On days like this, do you ever find yourself wanting to pay someone $20 to take your place at work so you can go home and take a nap? If I was a bum, I would think that's a pretty good deal.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard that mayo makes your hair shiny so slamming your head in a vat of it might work out well for you.

I really wish you could take a nap somewhere. Can you curl up in your car for an hour? Or go hide in the U's office, no one will find you in there. I don't even think she'd notice if you were in there.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be a little cold these days to nap in the car. Ann, does your library have little study rooms like at USC? You could definitly nap in there!

Someone at my office used to schedule a conference room for a "meeting" and then nap in there! Surprise surprise, he doesn't work here anymore!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's a very good point about the office. I could use all the papers as a blanket, too.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! That's pretty ingenius to schedule meetings for yourself so you can nap. Morally questionable but clever :) And, unfortunately, we don't have study rooms in here, dang it. What I really need is a tunnel that goes from my desk to my bed at home. That would rule.

10:14 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Wow, I think it was a bad night for sleep all around! Kenny didn't sleep well and I woke up at 12:30 with searing pain in my sinuses. I asked Kenny to shoot me, but he wouldn't do it, darnit. So, went to the dr and got some free drug samples for my sinus infection. Fun times!
I am sure Little J is fine...he will get his sleep, don't worry! :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home