Monday, October 29, 2007

Not in my store you don't

I had my baby shower thrown by my inlaws on Saturday afternoon, and it was a lot of fun. I'm so grateful for all the things people got us like our bouncer, the car seat, the swing, the baby monitor, clothes, toys, etc.... But the games were hilarious. They did this one where I went behind closed doors and wrapped toilet paper around my belly, and they all had to guess how many squares it took. So, for posterity's sake, I'll put on the record that it was 11. One day when I've given in to my gummi bear addiction and completely let myself go, I'll look back fondly on this and say "Daaang, I used to be able to fit into 11 squares of toilet paper! Now go get Mama a Twinkie." We also went and bought the crib last night, so J's task this week is to put that together. He's pretty mechanically inclined, so I hope it's not too cumbersome. I wonder why cribs are such a pain to put together. We can put a person on the moon, but nobody can figure out a way to write out directions that make sense. Curious.

Oh, and it was 31 degrees when I left the house this morning! 31! J made me wear his winter coat and gloves, and he cleared the frost off my car for me. Felt like January. Except that I looked more snowman-like than ever before.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the TP game- that sounds so cute!

Tip for J- put the crib together in the nursery b/c it probably won't fit through the door...

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ahhh, I will tell him that. That's good to know. When we went to Babies R Us yesterday to get it, I'd forgotten how big it is. Going there also reminded me of how much we have left to do. Gah!

10:25 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Um, yes, on the putting the crib together! Kenny put EH's together in our den and then couldn't even get down the hallway to her room. He had to take it apart and start all over in her nursery...let's just say I was really glad I wasn't at home! :)

11:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yikes! That really stinks! You'd think that since it's for a baby, it wouldn't be so big! I'm really glad you guys told me that. I'm going to tell J all this at lunch so he's well-aware and doesn't end up hating life after he's put it together.

11:28 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

And that is just the beginning! The tricycles, the sandboxes, etc. etc...really makes you wonder who the hell designs this stuff and who writes the "instructions!"

1:23 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I can barely hold a screwdriver, so poor J is going to have to do a lot of the hard work himself. Oh, and he doesn't like to read instructions, so this should get REAL interesting.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Graco instructions are the best, they just have pictures and the only words are "SNAP!"

But if a 9 month pregnant Katie can put a pack and play together- anyone can!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ahh yes, instructions for visually-minded people. I always like lots of pictures. Basically, for me, they need to write instructions like I have an IQ of 50. That's what seems to work.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home