Friday, November 16, 2007

Might as well call it "whitejack"

That breastfeeding class last night was interesting. Very informative, as usual, although I'm starting to feel a trifle overwhelmed with baby information right now. I fear I'm going to get confused and start trying to stimulate his neural development by putting breast milk directly into his diapers using the cross-cuddle technique. So much to remember, and my brain just isn't what it used to be. We also had to watch another video. Nooooo! This one was a very up-close demonstration of a British woman trying to get her newborn to latch on for the first time. Is it a bad sign that it made me a little nauseous?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to watch any of my shows from last night yet, although J did DVR them for me. So that's what I'll do tonight: try to replace the memories in my head of that woman's huge areola with the hilarity of The Office and 30 Rock. Escapist entertainment, I have never appreciated you more.

5 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

I think you're really going to enjoy The Office. I hope this strike ends, and we get to see more!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I read a little preview of the plot, and it sounded like it was going to be hilarious. I can't wait! This writer's strike is such a pain.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Office was awesome... maybe one of my favorites. All the scenes with Michael make you laugh and make your chest hurt for him!

I think I had to watch the same video. You will get over all the fears and overwhelming. I'm certainly no hippie type, but I'm glad that I am bf-ing and I stuck with it this long so far.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I really like all the health benefits of breastfeeding, and I'm hoping it goes at least fairly smoothly. I know it's going to be hard when I go back to work, but I know plenty of women make it work. I just need to stop watching the videos. I would much rather just hear the lecture than see real details. I like being in the dark about certain things.

11:30 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Bf'ing isn't easy at first, you both have to learn what to do, but hang in there, you will get it! Get some lanolin now! :) I bf'd for a year and it was so worth it. I pumped at work for about 8 months and that wasn't easy, you just have to schedule the time to do it...but, again very worth it. Did your sisters bf?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home