Thursday, November 15, 2007

I wish I had some Toaster Strudel

I'm feeling pretty wiped out this morning even though I slept pretty well last night. I fell asleep reading but, fortunately, I was awake to watch Project Runway. Kind of disappointing that the challenge was just designing a dress with nice fabric. Boring! I definitely like it more when they have to do something crazy like make a whole outfit out of materials from a hardware store. But I need to save my strength and work up some energy because I've got my breastfeeding class tonight. This is given by the same woman who does our childbirth class, so it ought to be informative yet amusing in the way that hippies are amusing. She said we need to bring a stuffed animal or doll, and since I'm not 3, I don't have either. I wonder if I could just take the cat and practice on him...? No, that would be too traumatic for the Wubby. I won't do that to him. Maybe I could take a borrow a couple of small Beanie Babies and pretend I'm breastfeeding a whole litter of babies, just like a dog. That is a disturbing image. What is wrong with my brain today?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! That image of the litter is kind of disturbing.

Is it sad that I still have two stuffed animals in my room?

10:11 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

i am laughing so hard right now! my breastfeeding class was ridiculous and partly b/c the imbecil men in the class kept laughing. What helped me the most was the lactation consultant in the hospital after EH was born and i had my real live baby to actually nurse, not the cabbage patch doll used in the class. :)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Actually, I know I've got a stuffed DinoRoar at my Mom's house somewhere. But that's not going to help me tonight, dang it.

Heh, I'm sort of wishing the breastfeeding class was just for moms because, really, it's embarrassing enough as is. I can only imagine what the video for this class will be like. I have a feeling it's going to feature even more hippies.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My breastfeeding class was ok, and they provided the dolls which we used for like a minute. We watched a few short videos and the LC spoke a little bit, but the most helpful part was just being able to ask questions.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

My first question would be: how do I breastfeed without unbuttoning my shirt or otherwise disrobing? I'm very shy.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha- after you give birth in front of room full of people, you won't be so shy! However, I'm still only comfortable bf-ing at home.

11:37 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I was very modest, too! Those blankets you get as gifts, receiving blankets, those help if you do find yourself in a situation where you need to cover up a bit. but, shirts that button are actually better b/c then you don't have to lift up your entire shirt to nurse or pump. I never bought any of the nursing clothes b/c they were expensive and never felt like I needed them.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I should definitely make sure I have enough button-up shirts then. I've never been big on hiking up my shirt in any situation.

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did buy some nursing tops and they are actually really nice for pumping at work so I don't feel so exposed. Even though I'm in a locked office, there is still something about disrobing at work!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home