Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Just what every woman wants: tall, dark and tidy

Fate took pity on me last night: when we were in childbirth class watching the birthing video, the glare from the lights just happened to fall right over the lady's most private privates, so all I really saw was the baby being lifted on her chest right after delivery. Dodged a bullet on that one! Nice! Although, I gotta say, that baby was pretty slimy. There's something about the amount of fluid involved in this whole thing that's surprising to me. I don't know why, but I always pictured birth being drier than this. Of course, I also didn't realize Santa wasn't real until about the 5th grade, so I tend to be somewhat behind the times on things. But that's ok. I'm special.

Been up since 3 o'clock this morning. Ergh. I had to use the facilities and then I couldn't fall back asleep. I figure that in a few hours, I'll be wiped like a chalkboard, but right now I'm still going strong because I'm excited about my doctor's appointment this morning. I'm curious to hear if I'm still measuring slightly big and what that might mean. Will he be a 10-pound bruiser or am I just carrying around 10 extra pounds of donuts? The suspense is killing me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you and I were both over 8 pounds at birth and you look at how big my boys were, you may be in for a BIG surprise!! Do you know how big J was when he was born? Since Brian was also over 8 pounds, I knew I was doomed.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, well J was apparently just a little over 7 pounds, so I'm hoping for somewhere around 7 and a half to 8 pounds. That would be fine with me. I gotta tell you, the 10-pounders frighten the bejeezus out of me!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 7-8 lbs is considered average, so that's not too bad.

I hope and pray you don't have a 10 pounder!

12:16 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

EH was 7lbs 4oz and that was plenty big for me! :)

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home