Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bouncing here and there and everywhere

J and I are now official graduates of childbirth class. Huzzah! Our teacher attempted to show us a birthing video of a c-section last night, but I didn't even pretend to try to watch that. Yuck. I have just never gotten into watching videos of surgeries. I did look up in time to see the baby being put into the warmer and that little guy was about as purple as grape juice. It sure didn't look good, but the video narrator didn't even mention it. I have to think that if Lil' J is born and he's any color on that end of the spectrum, I'm going to have some questions. Such as "Why does my baby look like Newborn Smurf?"

I have been up since 3 a.m. this morning, and I am not one bit happy about it. Some days when I have the insomnia, all I can think about is how tired I am of being tired. But, I'm telling you right now, if anyone comes up to me today and says "Get used to it" or "This is good practice for after the baby's born," I'm just going to smack them right in the eye. I'm serious. I am in no mood for that today.

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Oh my gosh, I used to HATE it when people said that to me when I mentioned getting up to go to the bathroom 5 times a night towards the end or I couldn't sleep!!! Let me just say that it doesn't prepare you for a newborn; getting up to go potty doesn't compare to your child wailing at 2am to eat! :) As always, not trying to scare you...just repeat the mantra, "This, too, shall pass." We are still using the mantra for EH's different phases! :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hated that too! People suck.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! You guys both made me crack up with those comments! I will definitely keep telling myself "This, too, shall pass" and "People suck." So very, very true :)

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear, people turn into idiots around pregnant women!

So, what is the plan? Have you provided J with an email distribution list so that I am assured of seeing a newborn pic of baby Shifflet?

11:50 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's true, I'm going to have to set up a list so everyone can see pictures. I already set up an account with Shutterfly, but I haven't done the rest of it yet. Thanks for the reminder!

12:40 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Katie, your "people suck" comment reminded me of the other day in the car, someone made me angry (not unusual) and I yelled, "I hate people!" Yes, both my husband and daughter were in the car and Kenny made a smarta$$ comment about being a good role model for Emma Helen. Thanks.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home