Friday, December 14, 2007

And a Wubby in a pear tree

I actually got 5 whole hours of uninterrupted sleep last night because there were no dogs barking or crying in our neighbor's yard. Of course, it wasn't snowing or raining, so they had no reason to put the dogs outside. Freakin' lunatics.

It's going to be a day of parties. We've got a going-away lunch for one of my coworkers, and then after work is the school's holiday party. It was pretty sweet to wake up this morning and realize that once I poured the cereal into our bowls, I was done with cooking for the day. Score! I think the lunch will go fine, but I'm curious to see how the work party goes. They keep moving it around every year to try to find the perfect venue, so you never know if you're going to end up crushed into the corner of some swanky Chinese restaurant, or skipping around an empty warehouse eating Chex Mix out of a plastic bowl. This year's is at a pizza place, which sounds fine to me. I'd much rather have dozens of cheap pizzas to eat than that one year when all they had was an egg roll and a spare rib. That was disappointing.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Yum, an egg roll and a spare rib. Why does that make me think of A Christmas Story and want to sing fa-ra-ra-ra ra-ra-ra?

9:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! Awesome! I love that movie, especially that scene in the Chinese restaurant. "It's smiling at me." SLICE!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I just got the title of yesterday's post... Short Circut, yes?

I hope you do better at this year's party!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I was watching a rerun of "I Love the 80's" on VH1 and they were talking about Short Circuit. I hate to admit it, but I think I watched that movie about 10 times back when my parents had HBO.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home