Monday, December 10, 2007

I still want a huuuuuula hoooooop

I know I'm officially in a Christmas state of mind because I started wearing my Christmas socks this weekend. Today's pair are gray and covered with tiny red and white Santas. Santa socks! And I'm not even about flossing (is that what the kids say for "bragging" these days? "Flossing?" I don't know slang) my socks--I'm usually wearing boots in the winter so nobody else can even see them. For me, it's more about the personal joy I get from knowing I'm wearing snowman socks. It's sort of like when you're wearing fun underwear just for the heck of it. Funderwear!

Also, I can't get the Chipmunk Song out of my head. I saw a news story on tv yesterday about the history of Alvin, Simon and Theodore, and now I can't get the sound of those high-pitched voices singing "Christmas, Christmas time is near. Time for hope and time for cheer..." out of my head. You know, actually, I don't know if those are even the correct lyrics. I guess my ears lose sensitivity for details at such a high octave. Meh, close enough.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure I saw the same Chipmunks story (CBS Sunday Morning-one of my favorite shows). I kept repeating the huuuula hoooop line over and over yesterday.

The flossing thing is new to me. I'm really out of the slang loop.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I remember there was some J.Lo song where she mentioned flossing, but that was years ago. I'm so not hip.

Yeah, it was on CBS Sunday Morning, that's right! Are you going to see the Chipmunk movie that's coming out? I have a feeling I'll skip that one.

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still say "on the down low" so don't come to me for slang info.

LOVE the Chipmunk Christmas song :)

Ann- my friend Ginny had her baby yesterday! One pregnant friend down... one to go!

9:21 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I have been singing either Frosty or Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindoor for DAYS and I am literally about to lose my mind. Those of you with infants...just wait until you have a preschooler practicing for a Christmas show! :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Aww, that's great about Ginny! Everybody ok? Did she tell you how the birth went?

And, Beth, let me just say that I remember what my school Christmas plays were like, so I wish you the best of luck :)

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My poor father has had Burl Ives' "Have A Holly Jolly Christmas" stuck in his head for about 2 weeks now. Poor guy.

Katie, that's so exciting about Ginny! Give her my best!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Did Burl Ives ever do an iced tea commercial? Why do I think of iced tea when I hear that name??

11:27 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

He was the spokesman for Luzianne’s Ice Tea. He was also the snowman in Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home