Friday, December 07, 2007

There are decaf brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing

I had a dream last night that my hair was going really gray, and I was freaking out in the dream because it was making me feel so old. And I know this fear has gotten lodged into my subconscious because, in real life, I found my first gray hair a couple weeks ago. And then I started looking and found another one, but that was it, so things definitely aren't at DEFCON 1, but it was still kind of surprising. And I have this sneaking suspicion that it's the pregnancy that caused the gray hairs. I feel like I've been really, really lucky in life that I've always had my family to fall back on if I had a problem, and I've always had great friends who were very supportive who would also help me out if I needed it. But now it has started to hit me that I am going to be that person (or one of those people, really) for Lil' J, and, occasionally, the enormity of that hits me and I start to sweat and hyperventilate and start praying that I don't screw up too huge. But I'll keep telling myself that I still have people to fall back on, things will probably be fine, and Clairol makes some really wonderful hair dye these days. Thank goodness for the cosmetics people, that's all I'm saying.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Ah, yes, I remember those days! I was so glad my doctor told me that for a few weeks after giving birth, there would still be all of the pregnancy hormones in me, but no baby...for me, this caused me to cry every day for at least a week. It was the hormones, the exhaustion, etc. and I remember being sooo upset one night because I was so afraid EH would get sick and I wouldn't know what to do! I still worry that one decision I make could be THE wrong one that causes EH to end up on the Dr. Phil show hating me.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I seriously doubt EH will end up on Dr. Phil :) But I know, I have this irrational worry that I'm going to turn this boy into a narcissistic psychopath. Why? I have no clue. But I'm glad to hear that this is pretty normal. And I hope my hormones calm down pretty soon after he's born. I like myself a lot better when I'm not so crabby and/or weepy.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're gonna be just fine. You're gonna be better than fine in fact. And Aunt Lisa will always be there for your kids to complain about mom and dad. Plus I'd be more than happy to drive them to the Dr. Phil show if you fail miserably. WHICH WON'T HAPPEN!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home