Thursday, December 13, 2007

No disassemble!

So last night, the neighbors brought in the pit bull puppy and put out the saint bernard in the freezing rain, so he was barking from about 3 to 3:30 in the morning. And, let me tell you, that's no "yip" that dog does--it's a "WOOF!" I really wish somebody would explain these people to me. Who brings the dogs inside when the weather's nice and then puts them out when it's 30 degrees and raining at night? Who does that? You know, I'm not saying anything here, but my Dad used to joke that he was in the Polish Mafia, and there are times when I wish that had been true. Because I can think of some kneecaps I would not mind broken right now. I'm not saying anyone's in particular. I'm just saying. Doo de doo de doo.

Also, I may not have done much last night in terms of things like cooking or cleaning or overall activity, but, boy, did I lie on the couch and read and watch DVDs. It was so nice. I think that's going to be my game plan until the baby gets here: couch, book, DVD. Right on.

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

that needs to your MO until baby arrives! enjoy it!!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get people and their dogs either. I'm fierce about shutting our dogs up the moment they start barking. I bet if a pregnant woman broke the kneecaps of obnoxious neighbors there wouldn't be a judge or jury who would find fault with that.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hmmm...perhaps I should give the kneecap breaking a little more consideration. I may not be able to move very fast right now, but if somebody held them down for me, I think I could do it.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all seriousness, do you think you could call the humane society or the spca? It really upsets me when people leave animals outside.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie's had firsthand experience with neighbors neglecting their dogs, right Katie?

12:35 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

J and I were talking at lunch about calling the humane society and seeing what the laws are about leaving animals outside without food or shelter. Seriously, there isn't even an overhang in their backyard for them to sit under. I really fear they're going to get sick.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the laws, but I'm pretty sure you need to have "adequate" shelter and fresh food and water available if you are going to keep an animal outside. I learned most of this from watching one of those animal cops shows!

And yes, I have some interesting neighbors (although we are getting along better with them these days...) who tend to forget that they've let their dog out and then leave...

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home