Saturday, December 22, 2007

Reproduction complete

Man, it is crazy to think that a week ago, I was getting ready to give birth! It's been a really awesome week being home with Lil J. He's been doing very well. He sleeps a lot and eats a lot and makes adorable faces and sounds. He's actually been a little jaundiced, so this weekend we're bottle-feeding him formula (which is why I have a couple minutes to post--J's doing the feeding), but hopefully I can get back to nursing him on Monday if the doctor says it's ok.

The birth went really well. I was so surprised when my water broke two whole weeks early. We went to the hospital about 5:30 a.m. last Saturday and by 2 p.m., we had our early Christmas present. And thank goodness for epidurals, that's all I'm saying. They gave me pitocin since my water had broken but my contractions weren't coming on very strong, so once they did kick in, man, did that hurt. But I'm glad the whole process only took 10 hours and that he came out so healthy.

I'm still a little sore and I'm tired from waking up so much at night, but I'm not as tired as I thought I'd be. I think all those years of insomnia are really paying off now. Score!

Check out the picture:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and your new little family! Give the little guy a hug and kiss from Miss Katie :)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Will do! We hope you guys have a very merry Christmas, too!

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Ann!! Great job, and have a Merry Christmas!!!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Thanks! You have a merry Christmas, too!

12:25 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

CONGRATULATIONS, Ann and Jeremiah! I can't wait to see more pictures!

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home