Monday, December 31, 2007

Jabba no wonga

You know, I seriously can't remember the last time I put on all my makeup. I suspect it was about two and a half weeks ago though. I haven't looked this low-maintenance for such a prolonged period of time since I went to Girl Scout camp for a week in fourth grade. I even caught myself running to the grocery store in lounge pants yesterday. Not pretty. But at least in this neighborhood, I'm fitting right in. I was always such an outsider with my childless status and zippered pants. Seriously though, I'm totally understanding now all those things moms had told me that I never really got: the luxury that is a shower, the emotional toll of changing 12 diapers a day, finding oneself yelling at guests on Dr. Phil...it's all here. And the really scary part is that J is going back to work on Wednesday. I figure that by Friday, I'll look like Jabba the Hut with a ponytail.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been there! I never realized what a luxury a shower could be... haha!

9:14 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

been there,too, it gets better, i promise! it really is the little things like showers and more than 4 hrs of sleep at a time. just wait until your preschooler yells for you to come to the bathroom to see her "big poop." :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's been interesting being home alone with Lil J today. He's been doing fine, but I still wish I could take a shower :)

Ahh, potty training. Well, at least you get a lot of good stories out of it that you can use in her teenage years to embarrass her in front of her friends. Ha!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I just looked at those pictures again and you're looking pretty good for a new mom. I mean, you had earring in and everything! hahaha!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home